WHAT'S REALLY HAPPENING IN DECEMBER - MONTHLY PLANNER
[BOWIEWONDERWORLD SHOP] [LATEST DAVID BOWIE ITEMS ON eBAY]
Exclusive! DAVID BOWIE lino-cut print available to PURCHASE
these are ALL the remaining ORIGINAL left-over stock from 37 years ago
Have YOU got some DAVID BOWIE related news or a hot scoop?
Well don't just sit there keeping it to yourself - send it in to
All news items are credited if you so wish
[DOWNLOAD DAVID BOWIE MUSIC from Amazon]
Germany are releasing a special edition DAVID BOWIE 75th birthday postage stamp on 3rd January 2022.
The 85 cent stamp features a Greg Gorman photograph printed on a coated white and fluorescent postage stamp paper.
Size/format 55.00 x 30.00 mm / Assembly of tens sheet size: 130 x 170 mm.
You can read and download the official Deutsche Post pdf press release [READ HERE].
Released next month is DAVID BOWIE TOY:BOX which is available as a three CD set and six 10" Vinyl formats, on Friday 7th January 2022.
TOY:BOX is a special edition of the unreleased TOY album. The 'capture the moment' approach of the recording sessions are extended to the sleeve artwork designed by Bowie featuring a photo of him as a baby with a contemporary face. The package also contains a 16-page full-colour book featuring previously unseen photographs by Frank Ockenfels 3. TOY was recorded following David's Glastonbury 2000 performance. Bowie entered the studio with his band to record new interpretations of songs he'd first recorded from 1964-1971. The plan was to record the album 'old school' with the band playing live, choose the best takes and then release it as soon as humanly possible. Unfortunately, in 2001 the concept of the 'surprise drop' album release and the technology to support it were still quite a few years off, making it impossible to release TOY at the time.
Included in TOY:BOX is a second CD/set of 10"s of alternative mixes and versions including proposed B-Sides (versions of David's debut single 'Liza Jane' and 1967's 'In The Heat Of The Morning'), later mixes by Tony Visconti and the 'Tibet Version' of 'Silly Boy Blue' recorded at The Looking Glass Studio at the time of the 2001 Tibet House show in New York featuring Philip Glass on piano and Moby on guitar.
The third CD/set of 10"s features 'Unplugged & Somewhat Slightly Electric' mixes of thirteen TOY tracks. Producer Mark Plati "While we were recording the basic tracks Earl Slick suggested that he and I overdub acoustic guitars on all the songs. He said this was a Keith Richards' trick, sometimes these guitars would be a featured part of the track, and at other times they'd be more subliminal. Later while mixing, David heard one of the songs broken down to just vocals and acoustic guitars; this gave him the idea that we ought to do some stripped-down mixes like that and that maybe one day they'd be useful. Once we put a couple of other elements in the pot, it felt like it could be a completely different record. I was only too happy to finish that thought some two decades after the fact."
The tracklisting runs as follows:
01. I Dig Everything
02. You've Got A Habit Of Leaving
03. The London Boys
04. Karma Man
05. Conversation Piece
06. Shadow Man
07. Let Me Sleep Beside You
08. Hole In The Ground
09. Baby Loves That Way
10. Can't Help Thinking About Me
11. Silly Boy Blue
12. Toy (Your Turn To Drive)
Produced by David Bowie and Mark Plati. Engineered by Pete Keppler. Mixed by Mark Plati. Assisted by Hector Castillo, Steve Mazur and Todd Parker. Recorded at Sear Sound, The Looking Glass and Alice's Restaurant in New York City, Summer 2000.
01. Liza Jane (Alternative Mix)
02. You've Got A Habit of Leaving (Alternative Mix) [2021 Remaster]
03. Baby Loves That Way (Alternative Mix) [2021 Remaster]
04. Can't Help Thinking About Me (Alternative Mix)
05. I Dig Everything (Alternative Mix)
06. The London Boys (Alternative Version)
07. Silly Boy Blue (Tibet Version)
08. Let Me Sleep Beside You (Alternative Mix) [2021 Remaster]
09. In The Heat Of The Morning (Alternative Mix)
10. Conversation Piece (Alternative Mix) [2021 Remaster]
11. Hole In The Ground (Alternative Mix)
12. Shadow Man (Alternative Mix) [2021 Remaster]
13. Toy (Your Turn To Drive) [Alternative Mix] [2021 Remix]
Produced by David Bowie and Mark Plati, except 'The London Boys' additional production by Tony Visconti.
'Silly Boy Blue' (Tibet version) Produced by David Bowie and Tony Visconti.
Engineered by Pete Keppler at Sear Sound, assisted by Todd Parker.
Engineered by Mark Plati at Alice's Restaurant.
Recorded at Sear Sound, The Looking Glass and Alice's Restaurant in New York City, Summer 2000.
Except 'Silly Boy Blue' (Tibet version) recorded at The Looking Glass, 2001.
Mixed by Tony Visconti, assisted by Darren S. Moore at the Manhattan Center, early 2001.
Except 'Liza Jane' and 'In The Heat Of The Morning' mixed by Mark Plati, assisted by Hector Castillo at The Looking Glass.
01. In The Heat Of The Morning [Unplugged & Somewhat Slightly Electric Mix]
02. I Dig Everything [Unplugged & Somewhat Slightly Electric Mix]
03. You've Got A Habit of Leaving [Unplugged & Somewhat Slightly Electric Mix]
04. The London Boys [Unplugged & Somewhat Slightly Electric Mix]
05. Karma Man [Unplugged & Somewhat Slightly Electric Mix]
06. Conversation Piece [Unplugged & Somewhat Slightly Electric Mix]
07. Shadow Man [Unplugged & Somewhat Slightly Electric Mix]
08. Let Me Sleep Beside You [Unplugged & Somewhat Slightly Electric Mix]
09. Hole In The Ground [Unplugged & Somewhat Slightly Electric Mix]
10. Baby Loves That Way [Unplugged & Somewhat Slightly Electric Mix]
11. Can't Help Thinking About Me [Unplugged & Somewhat Slightly Electric Mix]
12. Silly Boy Blue [Unplugged & Somewhat Slightly Electric Mix]
13. Toy (Your Turn To Drive) [Unplugged & Somewhat Slightly Electric Mix]
Produced by David Bowie and Mark Plati.
Engineered by Pete Keppler.
Mixed by Mark Plati, assisted by Hector Castillo, Steve Mazur and Todd Parker.
Recorded at Sear Sound, The Looking Glass and Alice's Restaurant in New York City, Summer 2000.
All songs written by David Bowie except 'Liza Jane' written by Leslie Conn.
The Toy:Box 3-CD and Toy:Box six-10" Vinyl are both available to pre-order now!
Check out the latest DAVID BOWIE presentation from the INTERLACED GEEK YouTube channel which have been enhanced and digitally upscaled using AI powered software.
David Bowie's first ever concert appearance in Russia at the Kremlin Palace Concert Hall, in Moscow on 18th June 1996.
Make sure you select the highest quality in your YouTube settings options for a better viewing experience.
Bookmark and follow Interlaced Geek YT channel.
These videos are being used for comment/educational and demonstrative purposes only. It is the result of an ongoing experiment on old video footage with the help of new technologies such as AI Video powered software, colour correction and non-linear video editing software and other experimental transformation techniques on video and images. It is therefore presented here completely reworked visually in a form that didn't exist before because the technology itself creates a unique result: it is indeed an interpretation of the original rather than a copy: more like a twin. Its only purpose is to demonstrate the available possibilities and sometimes limitations (depending on the quality of the source material) of artificial intelligence in video post production.
The latest in an award-winning and critically acclaimed series of DAVID BOWIE box sets entitled BRILLIANT ADVENTURE (1992-2001) has just been released.
The box set includes newly remastered versions of some of Bowie's most underrated and experimental material: BLACK TIE WHITE NOISE, THE BUDDHA OF SUBURBIA, 1.OUTSIDE, EARTHLING and 'hours...' along with the expanded live album BBC RADIO THEATRE, LONDON, JUNE 27, 2000, the non-album / alternative version / B-sides and soundtrack music compilation RE:CALL 5 and the legendary previously unreleased album TOY.
TOY was recorded following David's triumphant Glastonbury 2000 performance. Bowie entered the studio with his band to record new interpretations of songs he'd first recorded from 1964-1971. Unfortunately, in 2001 the concept of the 'surprise drop' album release and the technology to support it were still quite a few years off, making it impossible to release.
Exclusive to the box set are BBC RADIO THEATRE, LONDON, JUNE 27, 2000 and RE:CALL 5. The former was recorded two days after the famous Glastonbury performance in front of 500 lucky fans at the BBC's art deco theatre in central London. RE:CALL 5 features 39 non-album / alternative version / b-sides and soundtrack songs over 4-LPs.
The 84-page accompanying books will feature rarely seen and previously unpublished photos by photographers including Frank W. Ockenfels 3, Nick Knight, John Scarisbrick and Nina Schultz Terner and others, as well as memorabilia, technical notes about the albums from producers/engineers Brian Eno, Nile Rodgers, Reeves Gabrels and Mark Plati as well as a new an interview with THE BUDDHA OF SUBURBIA collaborator Erdal Kizilcay.
Available in an 18-LP and 11-CD formats, both available to purchase now!
For full and complete details, you can read the full official press release HERE
• DAVID BOWIE WORLD FAN CONVENTION 2022 takes place in Liverpool over three days next year on 17th/18th/19th June 2022. Some weekend tickets still available, once gone they WILL NOT be adding more - more details
• DAVID BOWIE - ALL THE SONGS: The Story Behind Every Track by BENOÎT CLERC, hardcover, 624-pages, published on 14th April 2022 - more details
• BLACKSTAR THEORY: The Last Works of David Bowie by LEAH KARDOS, hardcover and paperback, 224-pages, published on 10th February 2022 - more details
• Exhibition ROCK 'N' ROLL WITH ME BOWIE / MACCORMACK 1973-76 at Brighton Museum and Art Gallery, Royal Pavilion Gardens, Brighton, England BN1 1EE. Reopened 18th May 2021 runs till 23rd January 2022. Open Tuesday-Sunday 10am-5pm. Closed Mondays except Bank Holidays. Tickets are on sale now at more details
• DAVID BOWIE - TOY:BOX, 3-CD set and six 10" vinyl formats to be released 7th January 2022 - more details
• DAVID BOWIE - BRILLIANT ADVENTURE (1992 - 2001) available in 18-LP Vinyl and 11-CD box sets, released on 26th November - more details
• DAVID BOWIE OUTLAW: Essays on Difference, Authenticity, Ethics, Art and Love by ALEX SHARPE, hardcover/paperback, 112-pages, published on 26th November - more details
WE COULD BE... BOWIE AND HIS HEROES by TOM HAGLER, with consultant editor TONY VISCONTI, hardcover, 400-pages, published 19th October - more details
DAVID BOWIE: STAR MAN by PETE McKENNA, paperback, published on 1st October - more details
Autobiography BOWIE, CAMBO & ALL THE HYPE by JOHN CAMBRIDGE, paperback, 260-pages, published on 23rd September - more details
2021 softback edition of DAVID BOWIE WORLD 7" RECORDS DISCOGRAPHY - Volume One: 1963-1971 book by RETO STÖCKLIN and CHRISTOPH HEID visit marmot-publishing.com for more details.
Exclusive DAVID BOWIE lino-cut print available to PURCHASE - don't hang around, these are ALL the remaining original left-over stock from 37 years ago, once they've gone, they've gone!
November | October | September | August | July | June | May | April | March | February | January
2020 Bowie News | 2019 Bowie News | 2018 Bowie News | 2017 Bowie News
2016 Bowie News | 2015 Bowie News | 2014 Bowie News | 2013 Bowie News
2012 Bowie News | 2011 Bowie News | 2010 Bowie News | 2009 Bowie News
2008 Bowie News | 2007 Bowie News | 2006 Bowie News | 2005 Bowie News
2004 Bowie News | 2003 Bowie News | 2002 Bowie News | 2001 Bowie News
2000 Bowie News | 1999 Bowie News | 1998 Bowie News | 1997 Bowie News
|Created: December 2021 © Paul Kinder||Last Updated: 1/12/21|