WHAT'S REALLY HAPPENING IN AUGUST - MONTHLY PLANNER
[BOWIEWONDERWORLD SHOP] [LATEST DAVID BOWIE ITEMS ON eBAY]
Exclusive! DAVID BOWIE lino-cut print available to PURCHASE
these are ALL the remaining ORIGINAL left-over stock from 37 years ago
Have YOU got some DAVID BOWIE related news or a hot scoop?
Well don't just sit there keeping it to yourself - send it in to
All news items are credited if you so wish
[DOWNLOAD DAVID BOWIE MUSIC from Amazon]
Drummer JOHN CAMBRIDGE publishes his eagerly awaited autobiography in September.
BOWIE, CAMBO & ALL THE HYPE traces the extraordinary and pivotal friendship between DAVID BOWIE and drummer John Cambridge, from the time when Bowie made his first major career breakthrough in 1969 to his death from cancer in 2016.
John 'Cambo' Cambridge lived with Bowie at Haddon Hall when he had his first hit record 'Space Oddity' and toured with him in Junior's Eyes. He was there when Bowie lost his father, passed his driving test and played his first Glam Rock gig with Hype, even acting as best man when Bowie married Angela Barnett in 1970. And if John had not persuaded his former Rats colleague Mick Ronson to join Bowie in February 1970, there might never have been a Ziggy Stardust or the stellar career which followed.
In Bowie, Cambo & All the Hype we get a backstage pass to meet the key people and witness the events of those crucial times in a funny, moving, story of a unique friendship that survived the Hype.
Review: 'You were a great player in that early transition from drumming David's acoustic sound to the full-on rock sound that eventually gave birth to Ziggy. You have a big story to tell.' - Tony Visconti.
About the Author: John Cambridge (Cambo) went from being a drummer in bars and clubs to drum with Mick Ronson, Robert Palmer, Marc Bolan and many others. He is known for his musical collaboration and life-long friendship with David Bowie. John was instrumental in introducing Bowie to guitarist and producer Mick Ronson, his friend and colleague from local band The Rats. John subsequently performed many iconic concerts with Bowie, Tony Visconti and Mick Ronson, including the 'first ever Glam Rock gig' with David Bowie's Hype at The Roundhouse in 1970.
Bowie, Cambo & All the Hype by John Cambridge
Published 23rd September.
McNidder & Grace
You can pre-order Bowie, Cambo & All the Hype NOW!
The fifth BOWIE'S BECKENHAM ODDITY event will take place this year around the iconic Grade II listed bandstand in Croydon Recreational Ground, Beckenham, South London later this month on 14th August.
This year's event begins at 12 noon (gates open from 11.45am) and they are pleased to announce the return of some of the Growth Festival folk, including Keith Christmas and Bill Liesegang. Also joining the line-up are Jessica Lee Morgan and Bowiesque.
The full line up, updates and information will be made available in the next few weeks.
Tickets are available now from wegottickets.com website, as well as on the gate on the day of the event.
For more details visit their Facebook page for the latest updates.
• DAVID BOWIE WORLD FAN CONVENTION 2022 takes place in Liverpool over three days next year on 17th/18th/19th June 2022. Some weekend tickets still available, once gone they WILL NOT be adding more - more details
• BLACKSTAR THEORY: The Last Works of David Bowie by LEAH KARDOS, hardcover and paperback, 224-pages, published on 10th February 2022 - more details
• DAVID BOWIE OUTLAW: Essays on Difference, Authenticity, Ethics, Art and Love by ALEX SHARPE, hardcover/paperback, 112-pages, published on 26th November - more details
• DAVID BOWIE - ALL THE SONGS: The Story Behind Every Track by BENOÎT CLERC, hardcover, 624-pages, published on 25th November - more details
• WE COULD BE... BOWIE AND HIS HEROES by TOM HAGLER, with consultant editor TONY VISCONTI, hardcover, 400-pages, published 19th October - more details
• Autobiography BOWIE, CAMBO & ALL THE HYPE by JOHN CAMBRIDGE, paperback, 260-pages, published on 23rd September - more details
• BOWIE ODYSSEY 71 by SIMON GODDARD, paperback, 176-pages, published on 16th September - more details
• DAVID BOWIE: STAR MAN by PETE McKENNA, paperback, published on 31st August - more details
• SUKITA: ETERNITY Signed, David Bowie 'Face' Edition (Numbers 101-150) by MASAYOSHI SUKITA, hardcover, 256-pages, published on 25th August - more details
• The 5th BOWIE'S BECKENHAM ODDITY event at Croydon Recreational Ground, Beckenham, South London on 14th August. Starts 12 noon (gates open from 11.45am). Tickets available now at wegottickets.com, also on the gate on the day of the event - more details
Exhibition ROCK 'N' ROLL WITH ME BOWIE / MACCORMACK 1973-76 at Brighton Museum and Art Gallery, Royal Pavilion Gardens, Brighton, England BN1 1EE. Reopened 18th May 2021 runs till 23rd January 2022. Open Tuesday-Sunday 10am-5pm. Closed Mondays except Bank Holidays. Tickets are on sale now at more details
2021 softback edition of DAVID BOWIE WORLD 7" RECORDS DISCOGRAPHY - Volume One: 1963-1971 book by RETO STÖCKLIN and CHRISTOPH HEID visit marmot-publishing.com for more details.
2018 softback edition of DAVID BOWIE WORLD 7" RECORDS DISCOGRAPHY 1964 - 1981 book by MARSHALL JARMAN and RETO STÖCKLIN visit marmot-publishing.com for more details.
Exclusive DAVID BOWIE lino-cut print available to PURCHASE - don't hang around, these are ALL the remaining original left-over stock from 37 years ago, once they've gone, they've gone!
July | June | May | April | March | February | January
2020 Bowie News | 2019 Bowie News | 2018 Bowie News | 2017 Bowie News
2016 Bowie News | 2015 Bowie News | 2014 Bowie News | 2013 Bowie News
2012 Bowie News | 2011 Bowie News | 2010 Bowie News | 2009 Bowie News
2008 Bowie News | 2007 Bowie News | 2006 Bowie News | 2005 Bowie News
2004 Bowie News | 2003 Bowie News | 2002 Bowie News | 2001 Bowie News
2000 Bowie News | 1999 Bowie News | 1998 Bowie News | 1997 Bowie News
|Created: August 2021 © Paul Kinder||Last Updated: 1/8/21|